Self Kindness

                                Be kind to yourself
       

I am pretty sure we have all heard this countless times. "Be kind to yourself." I never really took it to heart until last week, and this time it really resonated with me.


Take just a few minutes and think about all the mean things you say to yourself and I will be kind enough to share mine. Okay, maybe I will not be that kind because my anxiety is skyrocketing at the moment. This feels like wearing a bikini for the first time but you know what, let us do this. 

There are days we look into the mirror and call ourselves all sorts of names. You are a loser; anyway you fail at everything. My partner broke up with me; it is probably because I am not enough. When my crush does not look my way, anyway why would he? I am not even that pretty.This should stop because It is hard to be happy when someone is always mean to you .Be kind to yourself.


Now that you have in mind all those mean stuff you tell yourself, think about that person you love the most. Let us take your best friend for example, would you tell her all those things even on your worse times in your friendship?. I am no magician but I  know what your answer was , No, right? Because you love them so much that you can never hurt them in that way.
So why do we tell these things to ourselves? This is where most of us are failing and we don’t even realize it. We fail to love ourselves. Imagine if you loved yourself more than anyone else how would that be? I will let you in on how that would be for me.


I would take care of myself more, and by this I mean in every aspect. Walking away from people or situations that jeopardize my peace of mind, saying No to situations that will make me uncomfortable and Eating healthy too.You know, achieving my body goals. 
I love white chocolate so I started getting them for myself ,instead of waiting for someone to get them for me. Do those things you have always wanted people to do for you. If that is going to the movies go ahead and buy that ticket.Oftentimes we wait for people to compliment us ,how about we change the narrative today. Walk to a mirror everyday and compliment yourself  and do it with conviction .Trust me it helps build your confidence and self belief, speaking from experience.


Do things that uplift you, make you happy, things that ignite that positivity in you,more often. For You

By Wangari Mwangi.

Comments

  1. Life from the lenses of a young poet. Amazing is a mere description of her work. Wisely thought and exquisitely noted down. Kudos to the brilliant endless of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful work Joy, I really love it! I'm already subscribed, looking forward to see more of your work.

      Delete
  2. Very encouraging..Nice piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow be kind to yourself...I lack words your amazing keep doing tgus girl you are a motivation to many especially me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a nice piece......i love love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it ...and I find it encouraging
    For sure I should start being kind to myself ..I have just realized that I haven't been kind to myself... thanks for the piece of encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  6. Encouraging ...very niceπŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is honestly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading such beautiful work feels like a coffee date with a close person in your life having such a building conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice piece. I love this so inspiring thanks wangari

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts